Monday, February 1, 2010

Our FreeCycle Garage Sale

We have been diligently going through our stuff with moving day fast approaching. Everything we want to keep will be going in a 10' x 15' storage unit while we travel. At first I thought it was going to be impossible to fit everything we are keeping and have been pleasantly surprised how easy it has been to let go and get rid of stuff (and some of the emotional crap that has followed with it for the years I have been lugging it around)! I know I am feeling lighter already.

We held a successful garage sale and were planning on a local charity picking up the remainder of the stuff no one bought. The place we called was booked out for weeks so we decided to host a FreeCycle* garage sale. It was crazy, fun and a little outside of our "box". If you are one of those people who look at an old pair of shoes that you have not worn for years yet still want something for them because you paid "good money", then you may have an idea of what I am talking about. (I would highly recommend something like this for you.) We met many people  in our community who were truly thankful and heard their stories. It was a great day!

Here are the before and after pictures:



*FreeCycle is one of the most amazing inventions EVER! The premise is to keep stuff out of the landfill and you have to give it away on this site, no selling allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.