Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Snow of the Season

We finally had our first snow storm of the season here in Denver. 


This is Alex's first Winter season in which he will be able to go out and play! We found this great jacket at a garage sale this summer, it has built in mittens. 





















As soon as we got outside Alex promptly went to the mud and started digging with his mittens! 


Yesterday at the zoo he sat directly in a puddle of water... I guess this is what it means to have a boy. It is so much fun to watch him explore, play and smile - it is worth the laundry!


Tonight was my night to take the dogs out so I put jackets on them both. Lilli looked very proud of herself in her coat (generously lent to her by Daisy). It was chilly and the coat only lasted 1/2 block on Lilli before it was hanging on her.




We finally started playing with crayons, although Alex still has to taste test he is doing much more drawing. As you can see here he is having a blast coloring (and eating). Most of the time he is just as fascinated with putting the lid on the crayon or marker as he is with coloring. I am really excited to start more art projects! They were always my favorite.

Last and not least...here is Alex on his new eco-friendly potty chair. This is called BecoPotty and when he is done with it we can plant it in the garden and it will biodegrade! I am really excited Alex is heading toward the potty again...he didn't really want to go when he was learning to walk and cutting molars. It is going to be so exciting when he can go by himself, which he really wants to do now. Like everything, this is a process. And I never knew I would get so excited about pee! Have a fabulous week!! Love, The Winter Family










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.