Monday, December 12, 2011

December 2011, Ta Da! A Post!

Happy Holidays! 

Yes, it has been a very long time (over a year) since I have updated you and for that I was thinking about apologizing and decided that I would not be telling the truth if I did. We have been busy and the last thing I want to do at 10pm is post pictures of my cute son. Instead I typically am in bed or catching up on the latest episode of Glee on Hulu.  

So, here we are...and instead of recapping 2011 for you I am going to post a few recent pictures. This increases the probability of you seeing them before 2012 about 1000% ( you may even get to see this post today...*gasp*).

This Holiday season is in full swing here at the Winter abode. We are testing out a few new things this year, maybe some of them will become traditions for us or maybe they will just be a fond memory...only time will tell. In any event, we are having fun! After seeing a cool advent calendar idea on Pinterest* I decided to make our own and put a new activity for each day leading up to Christmas. We have simple things like make hot chocolate or watch a Holiday cartoon to more involved activities like building a snowman (check out the picture below). 

We put up our tree the first weekend of December and it amazingly still drinking water! Thank you to the lady with the great tip. I have high hopes it will sill have all of its needles on Christmas. Alex had fun decorating the tree this year. We have a bunch of non-breakable ornaments so he could go to town. As you can see hanging those things on the tree requires a lot of concentration...
Decorating the tree is a serious job!

 Alex really enjoyed putting each ornament on the same branch of the tree. Good thing they are light and the tree is sturdy otherwise we would have had the leaning tree of Christmas!

Alex preferred this one branch for all of his decorations. 
Ta! Da! Here is our final product. Well, this is how it looked the first day. There have been several versions either due to excited doggy tails or Alex playing with the ornaments. 

Finished tree! Lookin' pretty.
We have had a good amount of snow stick around our yard and it was perfect snowman snow for Alex and Ben! Alex helped build the entire thing, including the 10 arms!


Alex and Daddy and Alien Snowman.
Alex is a wonderful helper. Today we made chocolate chip cookies for a friend. He scooped and measured the flour and was gracious enough to make sure the batter was good by licking the beaters (my favorite part so I had to share). 

If I don't get around to writing soon, I wish each of you a wonderful Holiday season and a Happy, Abundant New Year!!


P.S. If you haven't seen what Ben is up to at Winter Web Method check out his client portfolio. I am very proud of him! (And if you know of anyone in need, WWM offers a generous referral bonus. Plus you are directly helping our family.)


P.S.S. I have been doing a little dabbling myself - a new site called Simply Non-Toxic and Thriving Mamas (which will be changing in the new year). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.