Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Making Sugar Cookies

I mentioned on an earlier post that I created a family "activity" advent calendar this year. On this day, Alex and I made sugar cookies.

Well, we actually made the dough one day and his excitement was so great (and patience so little) that I waited three days (and for the perfect time right after nap, but a good deal before bedtime) to roll out the dough and cut out cookies. Whew...Postponed are the days of "get 'er done" cookie making.

Since the dough was hard from sitting in the fridge so long I had to soften it up while Alex ate chunks. After two batches, I was getting a bit frustrated (because things weren't going my way) and Alex was getting very vocal about not getting to do it his way. Surprised?! *wink* *wink*

Then the answer came to me...give Alex his own piece of dough and then bake his cookies. It was flawless and I had cute little, perfect cookies pictured in my mind...until I saw his piece of dough. Ah, art at its finest!


Now, every morning when Alex wakes up he asks for cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.